Peaceful Passage Doulas are excited to announce that we will now be offering complete postpartum care packages!
The postpartum period, also lovingly called the “Fourth Trimester” is a time marked by so many emotions and experiences. Whether you have just given birth to your first, or fifth child, the postpartum period is often filled with questions and complexities that you might not have anticipated. Traditionally in many cultures around the world, new mothers/birth givers, and their partners, were surrounded by family and community members, nourished with healthy meals and offered support with caring for their newborn, including support with breastfeeding and nursing. After you have a baby, you may need or want to process the myriad of emotions from your birth experience, motherhood and parenthood. We understand that pregnancy, birth and postpartum are sacred chapters in your life, and that is why we are thrilled to be able to support you holistically throughout these chapters– from those joyous first moments of a double solid line on a home pregnancy test, throughout pregnancy, during your labour, birth and finally, the postpartum time.
Postpartum Care Includes:
- Breastfeeding education & support
- Bottle feeding education & help preparing bottles
- Preparing light nourishing meals for you, with food in your home
- Tending to light day to day tasks & light house cleaning such as laundry, dishes, etc.
- Newborn care basics (diaper changing, bathing, etc.)
- Emotional support, processing of your birth experience and motherhood/parenthood
- Answering daily (or nightly!) questions and concerns
- On call support from the moment of signing a contract with us, whether that be early pregnancy, or after the birth of your child
* note that our postpartum care service is limited to the first 6 weeks after birth. We are primarily labor and birth doulas, however, we are both mothers ourselves and we know that postpartum needs do not end at the 6 week point. Should you wish for more support beyond this time, we are happy to refer you to postpartum doulas in the area.
Postpartum Care Packages Offered:
Peaceful Passage Doulas offer two options to customize your unique needs-
- Wellness Package: Postpartum care is provided at a rate of $30/hour, customizable to your needs. Includes all services listed above.
You may purchase a set number of hours, or pay-as-you go. Support is offered in both daytime and evening hours.
- Our Bountiful Birth Package will now include four (4) hours of additional postpartum support ( this is in addition to the standard two (2) postpartum visits already included in this package)
You can book with us at any time during your prenatal or postpartum time (up to 6 weeks postpartum). Our goal is to build a continuous, trusting and supportive relationship with you and your partner (if applicable), therefore we encourage you to consider investing in birth doula and postpartum support together. Please contact us for availability and to schedule your complimentary consultation.